Thursday April 4th saw Kamloops Innovation host our Open House event. It was a great evening to show off the businesses we have in residence, our partnership with the British Columbia Innovation Council as well as being a part of their accelerator network, and we also got a chance to roll out our new branding!
It was a full house with 200 guests in attendance! Enactus TRU were on hand volunteering, and Conscientious Catering was serving up delicious treats for our guests!
Did you see the Innovation Showcase? Participants from TRU’s School of Business and Economics, iCompass, Bawtree Software, and Venture Kamloops, came to show off and fill us in on what’s new with technology in the Kamloops community.
Speakers of the evening included:
- Cathy McLeod, MP for Kamloops – Thompson – Cariboo
- Kevin Krueger, MLA for Kamloops – South Thompson
- Alan Shaver, President, Thompson Rivers University
- Dean Prelazzi, Managing Director, BCIC Acceleration Network
- and our own Lincoln Smith, Executive Director at Kamloops Innovation
Door prizes were donated from Red Beard Roasters, Holy Crepe, The Noble Pig, and Tree Brewing. Our lucky winners are finding out this week what they’ve won!
Kamloops Innovation is proud to operate with support from:
We were so happy to have a great turn out from the Kamloops, and tech communities. Stay tuned for our upcoming events!