$60,000 Seed Investment - Opportunity for Startups!
One of the largest obstacles for technology companies is access to capital. Fast Track is a new investment-training program that will provide tech companies in our region with due diligence education and pitch training to help them improve their chance of raising capital.
Investors from within our region have committed to $60,000 seed investment, subject to a successful due diligence review for a top company in this new program.
This is an exciting opportunity for all types of technology based companies who are ready or nearly ready for investment to perfect their pitch and due diligence preparations and for the opportunity to compete for $60,000 in seed investment!
Successful applicants into the Fast Track program will receive pitch training, due diligence training, and a professional review of legal, financial, and valuation for their due diligence. Companies will have access to an Entrepreneur-In-Residence (EIR) at Kamloops Innovation for support and coaching throughout the process.
Entry Evaluation Criteria:
- Technology based companies, including:
- information/communications tech, clean/green tech, agricultural tech, life science tech, advanced manufacturing tech
- Product solves a problem for a specific target customer
- Simple distribution model
- Simple revenue model defined
- Demonstrated traction – functional prototype, minimum viable product, customers, users, revenue
- Founder Investment – demonstrated commitment from founder, friends, or family
- Small, but cross functional team
Tentative Fast Track Dates:
- Jan 16 – 9:00 AM – Application Deadline
- Jan 27 – 3:00-6:00 PM – Session 1 – Pitch Prep and Due Diligence Checklist
- Feb 03 – 3:00-6:00 PM – Session 2 – Closed Pitch with participants, coaches, and investors
- Feb 17 – 3:00-6:00 PM – Session 3 – Due Diligence Training including Valuation
- Mar 12 – 3:00-6:00 PM – Session 4 – Closed Pitch – Finalists Selected
- Mar 30 – Time TBA – Okanagan Investment Forum
Ten spots across the BC Interior are available – deadline for applications is January 16th, 2015 at 9:00 AM.
There is a $150.00 fee for successful applicants who are selected into the program.
If you have any questions, please contact Kamloops Innovation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 250-434-0200.
Fast Track is delivered in partnership with Accelerate Okanagan.