Who are you? An experienced Business Developer with a proven track record of sales success
Who we are: Safety Now
Since 1929, Safety Now has been providing companies, industry associations and government organizations with the practical compliance and training products they need to keep their workers safe and their OHS programs up to date.
Safety Now is a web-centered information and training tools company focused on the compliance and education needs of safety, environmental, and human resource professionals across the US and Canada.
Located in the Okanagan the dedicated team at Safety Now is focused every day on making it easier for our core clients – safety, environmental and human resource professionals – to perform their jobs effectively, to reduce administrative hassles, and to free up time and resources for the activities they value most.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (Hunting)
- Prospect for new accounts of Mid-Level and C-Suite Prospects engaging them in a conversation relating to their Safety Training and Compliance Goals within their Business
- Hunt for Key Account Business through provided leads and hunt for new opportunities through your own efforts. (70% Hunting 30% Account Management)
- Build and Manage a sales pipeline through qualifying leads into opportunities and moving them along each step of the sales process
- Use Marketing collateral to nurture prospective clients and to communicate the value of our suite of products in a meaningful, effective way
- Work with our Marketing Team to stay up-to-date on campaigns for various product lines and provide feedback to improve the overall Lead Generation and Qualifying process
Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable with a high level of prospecting other business development activities
- Able to ask the tough questions to qualify opportunities
- Strong at handling objections
- Proven ability of closing complex sales
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and a natural problem solver
- Presentation skills
- Able to visualize from the clients perspective and sell accordingly
- Conducting sales over the Telephone
- Dealing with top decision-makers and multiple decision makers
- Flourishing in a small company environment that is continually changing and growing
- Worked in a team environment
- Past negotiation experience
- Selling a complete line of services 2 year selling on telephone
- Selling value over price
- Comfortable making prospecting calls
- Feels ownership for activities and results
- Persistent, yet knows when to walk away
- Open, honest, authentic communicator
- Willingness to learn
- Doesn’t cut margins understands importance of profit
- Continually finding and generating business from new customers -
- Meet or exceed agreed upon goals
- Has acceptable selling cycle
- Gets by Gatekeepers
- Has walked away from work that is not a fit
- Past sales experience of growing accounts or a territory
- Consistently meet/exceed sales quotas within specified timeframe
- Understands relationship selling
- Ability to follow a sales process/system
- Innovative thinker
- Risk taker
- Analytical problem solver
- Ability to learn to sell new concepts or offerings
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth
- Addresses issues quickly and effectively
- Hard worker with strong work ethic
- Consistent contact with prospects
- Meet deadlines - Organized
- Sense of urgency to meet timelines
Front of the Line: If you have this experience
- Past proven sales experience in a Business Development role will be viewed as an asset
- Experience in SaaS Sales (Software as a Service)
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business, Marketing, another related field or you have related work experience in B2B lead prospecting (outbound calls)
- CRM experience
- Currently or previously worked remote from home office
Compensation and Benefits:
- The ability to work remotely out of your home (because we measure performance, not attendance) is an option for this position.
- HSA Program, Vision, Voluntary Life, and AD&D.
- Paid Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance.
- Paid vacation/time off, flexible work schedules.
- Your excellent business development skills will be rewarded through a competitive salary, commission and bonus model.
- Your desire to earn 60,000 and well in to the 6 figures is who we want to speak with.
Learn more about us by visiting safetynow.com then email your resume with a cover letter to our recruiting company Hireguru at email address email@example.com.