Date: Jun 6, 2017
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Company: British Columbia Lottery Corporation
Why Work with Us
At BCLC, we are committed to our people. With consistently high engagement rates, we are proud of the culture we’ve built and are committed to continue being a great place to work. For ten years, we have been one of BC’s Top 50 Employers, and here’s a few reasons why:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust Wellness Program
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Free Onsite Yoga, Meditation, Circuit Training, Running club and more
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
- Walking distance to shopping and restaurants
The objective of the Senior Applications Support Analyst role is to manage and execute the delivery of professional, technical, and analytical services and solutions to the organization for related eGaming software. The role is also responsible for production support of the software solutions, including managing the lifecycle of assigned incidents, problem resolution and vendor escalations.
The Senior Applications Support Analyst acts as a consultative partner by providing subject matter expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC as well as well as external to the organization to enable the business to provide technical products and services efficiently and effectively.
This role is subject to the requirement for after-hours support.
- Proactively resolves complex technical issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution. .
- Resolves any defects in requirements identified by the Quality Assurance or other teams.
- Identifies, develops and maintains materials needed for operational run-state of a given solution, including creation and maintenance of
- Conducts and/or coordinates varied and moderately complex technical troubleshooting work related to the eGaming application to ensure the effective and efficient use of software for the eGaming product offered through various channels by directing vendors and BCLC staff.
- Participates in other specialized information technology related tasks
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in information technology supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in a programming and/or analysis environment;
- Experience in Information Systems: design, development, support and management is required;
- Vendor management experience would be an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Strong communication skills including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement;
- Familiar with relational database design and programming;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to work flexible hours and provide after-hours support as needed.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Job Segment: Help Desk, Information Technology, Information Systems, Developer, Database, Technology