Senior Manager of Engineering and Development
You have 5+ years in roles of increasing technical leadership across enterprise DevOps systems engineering disciplines. Your experience involves both technical acumen and interpersonal, organizational and communications skills, with the know-how to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment. When issues or matters come about, you understand the importance of tackling them in a positive manner.
- 5+ years relevant project management experience in Business, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field of study with proven ability to deliver results on large-scale projects.
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership that embraces diversity.
- Ability to successfully operate in a highly matrixed organizational system where partnership and influence are key drivers of success.
- Ability to initiate change and act with integrity when tough decisions have to be made.
- Experience with system analysis and design, development, and testing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to achieve business results.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Domain knowledge in multiple technical areas.
- Ability to work on most phases of functional requirements.
- Exceptional motivational skills to manage diverse project members and maintain team’s focus and morale.
- Proven track record in managing contractors, vendors, and clients.
- 10+ years of experience leading multiple or cross-functional engineering teams.
- 3-5 years of hands-on previous experience developing or supporting enterprise services.
- Detailed knowledge of core internet and routing protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, BGP, OSPF.
- Proven experience managing software development lifecycle platforms and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, proven ability to develop and deliver presentations geared for Senior and Executive Management.
- Working knowledge of advanced scripting and programming languages such as Python, or Powershell.
- Working knowledge of virtualization tools.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Experience managing teams implementing products based on the following technologies:
- Version control (ie. GIT)
What you’ll be doing
- Assist the Executive Team in determining proper staffing levels and work closely with internal and external recruiting as appropriate to meet those goals.
- Identify key platform technology gaps and close them by adoption, buy, or build as appropriate working closely with executive leadership.
- Ensure proper management for key technologies such as version lifecycle, incident and problem management, support and adoption, and budget management.
- Meet with stakeholders, partners, and customers on a recurring schedule to review:
- Leverage project management and/or agile software development methodologies to increase the frequency and timeliness of delivering new capabilities.
- Facilitate clear and consistent communication about schedule, tasks, resources, and budgets to help deliver new capabilities and new business initiatives.
- Communicate with management and team members, and employ strong resolve to keep teams accountable to defined processes and agreed upon priorities.
- Demonstrate strong planning, cost analysis, and capacity analysis skills to anticipate customer and management course corrections.
- Works successfully with all levels of the organization and external partners.
Why Should You Join Our Team?
Not a Senior Manager, but think you might have something to add to our team? Any credential may be considered when you have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. If you want to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and ambitious team, you are in the right place!
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining the following:
- Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
- Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
- An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
- How did you find out about us?
- Include a link to your GitHub account and/or portfolio of your work.
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!