Date: Jun 7, 2017
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Company: British Columbia Lottery Corporation
At BCLC, we are committed to our people. With consistently high engagement rates, we are proud of the culture we have built and are committed to continue being a great place to work. For ten years, we have been one of BC’s Top 50 Employers, and here are a few reasons why:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust Wellness Program
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Free Onsite Yoga, Meditation, Circuit Training, Running club and more
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
- Walking distance to shopping and restaurants
The Senior Programmer Analyst delivers professional technical services and software solutions to the organization. This role proactively resolves complex technical issues and uses innovative thinking by making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution. The Senior Programmer Analyst acts as a consultative partner by providing expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC, as well as external to the organization to enable the business to provide technical products and services efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborates with business and other IT personnel to integrate new requirements into software solutions.
- Collaborates with peers to resolve technical issues and makes regular suggestions for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution.
- Conducts needs assessments with various business units to translate these needs into results for web services delivered by BCLC.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
- 3-5years progressively responsible experience in a programming/analysis environment, with at least three years at a programmer/analyst level;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Proficiency in SQL database object development and data manipulation;
- Salesforce Administration and Configuration will be an asset;
- Microsoft Windows systems, system administration, would be an asset;
- Awareness of emerging cloud computing technologies and the ability to apply these appropriately to business requirements;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Job Segment: Developer, Programmer, Cloud, Database, SQL, Technology