Take the challenge:
Volunteers are the community drivers in every Run site in Canada. Together with a committee of like-minded individuals, you will raise funds for breast cancer research and support programs through the CIBC Run for the Cure. Planning and organizing the CIBC Run for the Cure takes time, passion and creative thinking. In partnership with volunteers and the organization’s staff, you have the opportunity to be a part of something truly extraordinary in your community. Although this is a national event, local success depends on volunteers like you. With your community insight, you will raise awareness, encourage participation, and drive fundraising results.
As the Social Media + Community Superstar, you are responsible for local media relations and promotions for the CIBC Run for the Cure. Working alongside your committee and Volunteer Run Directors, you are responsible for generating excitement in your community via media and social media using the PR Toolkit provided by Run staff. You will identify local spokespeople and serve as the primary media contact on event day. You will also be responsible for establishing a distribution and post event pick up plan for promotion materials, if needed.
- Monthly committee meetings from May to July and biweekly in August and September
- Weekly tasks averaging 2-5 hours per week depending on the scope of tasks and time of year
- Attendance and leadership role at pre Run events/opportunities,
- In person availability from September 29th to October 1st, 2017
The ideal Communications Lead is/has:
- The ability to work independently and as a team
- Comfort with social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter. Instagram and Snapchat are a bonus!
- Expertise in creative writing, media relations
- Passionate about the breast cancer cause
- Regular access to a computer with internet and comfort navigating social media
You will gain and experience:
- Contributing to the organization’s vision of creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer.
- Developing your marketing and communication skills
- Working collaboratively with like minded volunteers in the community
- Building relationships in your community