We're looking for: Software Developer
Under the direction of the Software Devlopment Manager, the Software Developer designs, develops and debugs software to improve the overall warehouse management (WMS) product.
- Resolves routine system problems for the WMS.
- Debugs software components and performs software modifications.
- Performs data import/export procedures.
- Monitors system and automated import/export logs for errors and issues.
- Provides ad hoc reports.
- Designs and develops software products to enhance the WMS.
- Assists in the creation of design documents for the new software components.
- Codes software components while adhering to established programming standards.
- Ensures development testing is complete by implementing tests to ensure high quality code and testing changes to application software to ensure required functionality is met.
- Provides support for the implementation of new software application and subsequent usuage.
- Provides troubleshooting to end users and assists them in the effective use of their system through formal or information training.
- Identifies and recommends ways to add value to the product.
- Participates in team Scrum meetings (sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reveiews and retrospectives).
Skills, Abilities, and Expectations:
- Demonstrates the following in their behaviours, actions and decisions:
- Quality and accountability in all actions.
- Fairness in all relationships.
- Balance of success and lifestyle.
- Promoting leadership at all levels.
- Disciplined and committed focus on results.
- Contributing to and sharing in prosperity.
- Relationships are worth investing in.
- Respect for the community and the environment.
Education: A two year post-secondary diploma in software development.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Exposure to a .NET language (VB, C++, C#, ASP, etc).
- Good understanding of MS Application software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- Mobile, web and API experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server experience is an asset.
- Microsoft Azure cloud development experience is an asset.
- Experience working with Git, Stash and/or Jira is an asset.
- Experience working with a warehouse management or order processing system is an asset.
- Experience working with agile development concepts is an asset.
- Experience writing unit tests is an asset.
- EDI experience is an asset.
- Financial accounting knowledge is an asset.
All interested candidates should submit their resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are applying for the Software Developer position.