Date: Jun 8, 2017
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Company: British Columbia Lottery Corporation
At BCLC, we are committed to our people. With consistently high engagement rates, we are proud of the culture we’ve built and are committed to continue being a great place to work. For ten years, we have been one of BC’s Top 50 Employers, and here’s a few reasons why:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust Wellness Program
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Free Onsite Yoga, Meditation, Circuit Training, Running club and more
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
- Walking distance to shopping and restaurants
The Technology Program Manager is responsible for the successful execution of complex technology related projects within the BT division. The role will take a comprehensive and strategic approach to managing a program consisting of multiple projects and ensure alignment with all departments within the division of Business Technology and the Corporate Portfolio.
The role manages teams of internal and external resources through the PMO standard project lifecycle, and is accountable for the overall quality and risk of projects within the program, contingency plans and risk mitigation strategies.
- Lead program intake, monitoring / reporting, delivery and governance processes, ensuring optimization and visibility
- Manage contract Project Managers within the technology program.
- Provide end to end management of individual projects, following standard PMO methodologies;
- Manage project vendor roster and assess vendor performance management;
- Utilize extensive experience and knowledge to champion best practice project management and compliance to corporate and department policies and procedures, and technology standards;
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary Degree in related field;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent;
- Project Management software;
- 5 – 7 years’ experience implementing IT Infrastructure projects;
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- In depth knowledge of project management methodologies and tools including scope management, work breakdown structures and scheduling, risk assessment, decision tree analysis, etc.;
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate business requirements into functional scope and specifications and the ability to communicate complicated technical issues to technical, non-technical and Steering Committee and Executive audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including the capability to translate business requirements into functional scope informing all audiences; technical, non-technical Steering Committee and Executive;
- Knowledge of general concepts, technology, and language across a broad range of IT disciplines;
- Knowledge of infrastructure technologies; (Server Hardware/Software, Storage, Virtual and Cloud infrastructure concepts, Networks, Desktops, etc).
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, Program Manager, Manager, Cloud, Technology, Management