Student Hiring Grants
- BCIC Tech Works unites students with valuable training opportunities in BC’s technology sector through the BCIC Innovator Skills Initiative and BC Tech Co-op Grants Program with the ultimate goal of fueling the growth of BC’s vibrant technology sector and furthering the momentum of the BC Jobs Plan.
- BC Get Youth Working!: Get Youth Working! Program funding is provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Job Fund. The Program offers employers a $2,800 hiring incentive (up to 3 employees per employer at $2,800 each) to hire eligible youth 15 to 29 years of age. Additionally, employers may request up to $1,000 to purchase training for the newly hired youth.
Professional Development and Training Grants
Interested in additional training or professional development for yourself or employees? Check out a few grants and funding resources below.
- Federal Government Training Grant: Explore available funding programs available for businesses looking for additional training and professional development.
- Canada – BC Job Grant: The Canada-B.C. Job Grant is an employer-driven, cost-sharing program that helps employers invest in training for their current or future employees. The Grant assists eligible employers to offset the cost of training, with the employer contributing one-third of the cost of training.
National Research Council - IRAP
The National Research Council-Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP) is Canada’s premier innovation assistance program for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). It is a vital component of the NRC, a cornerstone in Canada’s innovation system, regarded world-wide as one of the best programs of its kind.
- Industrial Research Assistance Program: provides financial support to qualified small and medium-sized enterprises in Canada to help them undertake technology innovation. SMEs in Canada are eligible to receive up to $150,000 for technology innovation projects.
- Business Innovation Access Program: companies are eligible to receive up to $50,000 per innovation project.
- Youth Employment Program: businesses are eligible to receive up to $30,000 per graduate to cover the cost of a 6-12-month internship.
Career Focus provides funding for employers and organizations to design and deliver a range of activities that enable youth make more informed career decisions and develop their skills.
Participants are recruited by the funding recipients. To participate in Career Focus, youth must be:
- between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations;
- not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
For more info and to apply, click here.