Student Hiring Grants
- BCIC Tech Works unites students with valuable training opportunities in BC’s technology sector through the BCIC Innovator Skills Initiative and BC Tech Co-op Grants Program with the ultimate goal of fueling the growth of BC’s vibrant technology sector and furthering the momentum of the BC Jobs Plan.
- BC Get Youth Working!: Get Youth Working! Program funding is provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Job Fund. The Program offers employers a $2,800 hiring incentive (up to 3 employees per employer at $2,800 each) to hire eligible youth 15 to 29 years of age. Additionally, employers may request up to $1,000 to purchase training for the newly hired youth.
- Fast-track to IT (FIT) Youth program supports eligible participants getting work placements from 16 to 24 weeks in the tech sector. The program helps get valuable work experience and build their skills. Employers can benefit from a wage subsidy provided by the federal government of up to 50% of the participant’s hourly wage. Click here for more information.
Professional Development and Training Grants
Interested in additional training or professional development for yourself or employees? Check out a few grants and funding resources below.
- Federal Government Training Grant: Explore available funding programs available for businesses looking for additional training and professional development.
- Canada – BC Job Grant: The Canada-B.C. Job Grant is an employer-driven, cost-sharing program that helps employers invest in training for their current or future employees. The Grant assists eligible employers to offset the cost of training, with the employer contributing one-third of the cost of training.
National Research Council - IRAP
The National Research Council-Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP) is Canada’s premier innovation assistance program for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). It is a vital component of the NRC, a cornerstone in Canada’s innovation system, regarded world-wide as one of the best programs of its kind.
- Industrial Research Assistance Program: provides financial support to qualified small and medium-sized enterprises in Canada to help them undertake technology innovation. SMEs in Canada are eligible to receive up to $150,000 for technology innovation projects.
- Business Innovation Access Program: companies are eligible to receive up to $50,000 per innovation project.
- Youth Employment Program: businesses are eligible to receive up to $30,000 per graduate to cover the cost of a 6-12-month internship.
Career Focus provides funding for employers and organizations to design and deliver a range of activities that enable youth make more informed career decisions and develop their skills.
Participants are recruited by the funding recipients. To participate in Career Focus, youth must be:
- between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations;
- not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
For more info and to apply, click here.