The job of Community Builder is multi-faceted, highly creative and at times fairly hard work. Flexibility around work hours is required. Longer hours on one day mean flexibility on the next. It’s the kind of job the right person can craft into a very rewarding experience. This position is the primary point of contact for our organization and one of the most important because of it.
Responsibilities and Duties
The following duties will sound attractive to the right candidate:
- Develop, and grow relationships with Kamloops Innovation’s current and potential community members
- Envision and develop programs and events that take our services and support into surrounding communities in our region – build on what we have, and plan for what is needed
- Establish better ways of doing what we do through the evaluation and improvement of our standard operating procedures for events and client engagement
- Work with team members to monitor and evaluate events, programs, client engagement
- Lead the creation, editorial planning, content development, layout and production of internal & external marketing – publications, promotional material, social media
Qualifications and Skills
Experience in any or all of following is an asset: accounting, marketing, social media, client database management, entrepreneurship, technology, education.
Startup Communities by Brad Feld.
Please apply with a cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for the job. Resumes or applications without cover letters will not be considered. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org