We’re a community of tech entrepreneurs that are passionate about helping each other succeed.
Kamloops Innovation is a non-profit society that serves the Central Interior region of British Columbia, and is a BC Acceleration Network partner.
Community Builder at Kamloops Innovation
We’re looking for someone special. No, this isn’t a personal ad but it could be. Kamloops Innovation is looking for Community Builder. Someone who is great with people, interested in tech, and is comfortable communicating online and in person. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, detail oriented and able to show up each day with ideas on how to make the Kamloops Tech Community thrive – because we can do that and more together.
Kamloops Innovation is a technology business accelerator located in Kamloops’ North Shore neighbourhood. We offer programs that guide, coach and mentor early-stage tech startups.
We operate in a dynamic community of coworking and collaborative offices and host and collaborate on a number of interesting events. Our goal is to make Kamloops a destination for tech startups in BC. If it sounds like we might be a good match, let’s connect!
A few specific tasks include:
- As the first point of contact, greet clients and visitors ensuring they feel welcome and are transitioned to the right place and/or person. Address email, phone and in-person inquiries in a polite and timely manner.
- Prepare and distribute welcome emails and handbooks to new clients and activate new member accounts & manage printer accounts.
- Support the creation, editorial planning, content development, layout and production of internal & external marketing – publications, promotional material, social media while supporting aspects of the social media strategy, monitoring and overseeing social accounts and activities.
- Support aspects of updating the information on KI website, including client company listings, job ads, and regularly update KI events calendar.
- Develop, and grow relationships with Kamloops Innovation’s current and potential community members, supporters, governing bodies and customers.
- Assist with event development, preparation and management, including event check-in, booking facilities, obtaining quotes, set up/take down, maintaining a list of vendors.
- Work with team members to monitor and evaluate events, programs and client engagement.
- Fulfill/Delegate office hours at the University to assist in the delivery of mentorship for student entrepreneurs.
- Schedule, host, or manage speakers for events, workshops, and other socials as an entry point for new members of the community on a monthly basis.
- Schedule, setup, and staff trade show and offsite opportunities for KI and TRU Generator.
Full Job Description available upon request. Please email resumes to email@example.com, and include a cover letter outlining how you think Kamloops could become a destination for tech startups.